10 January 2013

Night Driving

This morning I started drawing for a piece about driving at night & of course looking at the beautiful stars above.
 
So I though would share how I did this step by step and got to the final illustration which I am actually pretty happy with.
 
 
This is the car I drew from an image online (I don't know car makes so couldn't for the life of me tell you what it is) but i'm making it clear the car design is not my own... well done car manufacturer for making a car.

It's just fineliner on white paper but cleaned up a bit in photoshop - I added the sort of stippling effect for a bit more interest and shading but without making it too heavy.
 
 
Then I got my watercolours out to paint some more galaxies.
I have done some similar painting recently anad absolutely love the effect of them and way it blends colours so I will continue with it in the future.
 
 
Here is a colour edited version of the car done in Photoshop.... I'm not sure I like it as much in colour but wanted to play around a bit. I'm getting more and more into colouring my images on the computer (just because the limits are endless and you don't risk ruining the original)
 
I edited it again in much softer white and grey tones to be placed alongside the stars to create the 'Night Driving' illustration.
It took a while to balance the colours but in the end I ended up with something I'm quite happy with and does really evoke the feeling I was trying to get.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment